833 Acres and Lodge Kwale Kenya
- Listing ID:
- Property type:
- land plot
- Kwale, Kwale
- 12 MLN Ksh Sale
PLEASE NOTE: price in Euros
This property, which has been put together and developed over the last 25 years, is now for sale as a whole, (only).
Consisting of approx 833 (335ha), this is a unique and very rarely available property, approx5 minutes drive from Kwale town and county headquarters and is approx 25 minutes drive inland from the world famous beaches at Diani on the Kenya southcoast.
Nestling high up on Godoni Hill , next to the Shimba Hills Game Reserve, it boasts of uninterrupted 180 degree views of Usambara mountains in Tanzania to the south, Kilibasi and Kasigau, and even Mt Kilimanjaro on a clear day to the west, through to western outskirts of Mombasa and beyond to the north. Indeed, the curvature of the earth becomes clear on a clear day!
The property sits on a rare part of coast that boasts of a relatively cooler weather as it adjoins the Shimba Hills National Reserve.
The property consists of:
1. An approximate total 833 acres ( made up of some 76 plots, all currently freehold titles – all registered in the name of the company, which should remain freehold if the purchaser takes over the company.
The vast swathe of the land is natural trees and bush.
The titles are clean, with absolutely nil encumbrances whilst the company is up to date with statutory obligations.
NO SQUARTERS. The property enjoys Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) protection from any form of encroachment.
2. The main house (which is luxurious, if you like – a sort of lodge) consists of the following on two levels:
Main entrance to the upper level through Lamu doors, flanked by stone lions.
A feature Mvule staircase connecting the upper and lowerlevels.
Five air-conditioned bedrooms, consisting of one large master (king size bed), with 2 en-suites a further 3 lower levels double rooms, all ensuite.
A 100 foot long open plan dining /lounge area, with a fully glazed frontal aspect taking in the spectacular views, (including a water hole and mud wallow, and leading onto a full length balcony/sitting/ viewing area.
A bar, next to a feature fireplace, and games area, with full size historic snookertable.
Fitted kitchen /dhobi/stores,etc.
Lower level TV/lounge area plus an air-conditioned study/ officefacility.
A 30 foot in-door heated (solar electric) swimmingpool.
A covered parking area outside for multiple vehicles.
Prime Property - South Coast -Kenya Page 2
*Please NOTE: Although sold fully as furnished, some items on display are subject to separatenegotiations.
Spectacular use has been made of ancient rocky outcrops which have been built into the lower level of the structure, making a natural ‘cave’ entrance to the lower guest bedrooms, etc. combined with the meticulous design and construction luxury lodge style) and vaulted ceilings, etc, this area gives a delightfully rustic feel to
3. A separate 2 bedroom bungalow consistsof;
Two large air-conditioned bedrooms, (one has a super-king bed), both ensuite with closet room/area.
Large ‘L’ shaped lounge/dining (both bedrooms and lounge leading onto a large verandah).
Large parking area.
Two staff quarter buildings, consisting of 1 x four rooms plus 1x six rooms with lounge/TV
area/kitchen/showers /WC/ wash area andstores.
One double garage building, complete five workshops rooms plus stores/ ablutions,etc
4. The property has its own borehole, 3-phase KVA generator, huge underground water storage facilities,
plus 3-phase mains electricity and mains waterconnection.
5. All of the accommodation, formal gardens etc, of approx 5 acres is protected (from the elephants) by an electric fence. An electric fence also extends along the top boundary of the property to keep the elephants away from the local villages,etc.
6. This property also has an aircraft parking area, with an aircraft taxiway (though the forest!) to the shared Kenya Wildlife Service grass airstrip (25Mx950M [+500M]) – known as ‘Shimba Park’.
7. The sale will include various machinery (including a tractor/grass cutter for airfield maintenance), maintenance equipment/spares/ staffvehicle.etc).
8. Potential: This property can have a number of potential uses;
As it sits on the highest point on the coastal belt, this property offers a rare opportunity for wind energy power generation
With its cool weather, the property is ideal for a hospital/medicalfacility.
As it sits on the highest point in the coastal belt, this property offers a rare opportunity for wind power.
Continue as an exclusive, tranquil top end privateresidence.
Transform into commercial use - i.e. exclusive high end hotel/ spa/ conference facility/ university/ research centre, etc
Easily transform the entire property into a private wildlife & forest conservation sanctuary & with the help of KWS, stock it with various wildlife species – to create a separate revenuestreams.
Split or sub-divide into a number of high end individual building plots/ gated community, etc subject of course to local by-laws.
Investment vehicle. The imminent construction of the Dongo Kundu by-pass, linking Mombasa west to south coast is expected to cause significant effect on the value of this and other properties within south coast, which is already attracting high endconstructions.
9. Price: Asking for 12 million euros on a ‘walk in walk out’basis. - See more at: http://click254.com/realestate/rural-farms/833-acres-and-lodge-kwale-kenya.html#sthash.Y5irv30L.dpuf
- What is near?:
- Diani beaches Mombasa city
- Owner phone:
- Phone number
- Land square:
- 833 ares